Thursday, August 12, 2010

A graffiti beginning.

I have just been introduced to the art of yarn bombing.  I was returning library books when I came across a poster for an upcoming yarn bombing event at the central library garden.  It sparked intense excitement because I am extremely interested in the validity of fiber arts and their modern manifestations.  I found out there is a yarn bombing book which I raced out and bought.  I have been day dreaming about various graffiti projects ever since.  A friend told me that the Cathedral Village area in Regina is supposed to be free game in September for yarn bombing so expect pictures of my work soon! I feel that starting at the library and Cathedral Village which are supportive areas is a great intro in to graffiti because I know it will at least last a day!

Check out http://www.yarnbombing.com/ for international inspiration by fellow yarn bombers.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait for you to continue to update about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete